User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 21:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > magic 3.1 screwed up my ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Magic 3.1 screwed up my PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Kuronosu
_
29. June 2004 @ 08:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just removed the magic 3.1 modchip because the disc wasn't reading, the bootup screen wasn't coming up, and the eject button wasn't working. All the points were checked and everything was plugged in right. When I removed it, the problems were still there. I cleaned the laser and adjusted the white cog in the disc tray, but nothing. I need any help, buying another PS2 isn't going to be great.
Advertisement
_
__
SCMods
Suspended permanently
_
29. June 2004 @ 11:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dont think the chip screwed up your ps2 , sounds like you have a solder bridge somewere , check your bios .

Pro U.S.ps2 mod installer!
http://www.steelcityelectronics.com/
bern376@msn.com
Kuronosu
_
29. June 2004 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What points are the BIOS on this image?

www.chipzone.com/installation/playstation2/magic3/V4/MAGIC_III_V4_GAP.jpg

Do you think I should try putting the modchip back in again? On the black part of the chip, it has DVD-9 in white. Is there anyway to determine if it's a clone or not?

I also was able to play PS1 backups, PS2 original, DVD backups, and DVD originals. But, DVDs would not work.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. June 2004 @ 12:03

daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. June 2004 @ 12:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The bios points are QTUVR, and PONM.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
SCMods
Suspended permanently
_
29. June 2004 @ 12:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check p,o,n,m , also check d&e . if i had to put money on it ill bet its where d&e were .

bern376@msn.com
Kuronosu
_
29. June 2004 @ 13:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Where is point E? I don't see it on the image.
SCMods
Suspended permanently
_
29. June 2004 @ 14:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry i ment g&d .

bern376@msn.com
Kuronosu
_
29. June 2004 @ 18:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am lost, why is this image different from the others?

They are both magic 3.1 version 4, but it seems that this one has point D and G on another chip. Regardless of gap or no-gap.

www.cyber-mag.com/station/installs/V4_magic3.1.jpg
Kuronosu
_
29. June 2004 @ 21:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The entire board was cleaned, front and back of it. The first time it booted up normally, the eject button worked, the blue swirling dot stayed in one place, and I also noticed that the CD tray is ejecting a tiny bit slower than normal. Once it was reset, it wouldn't even boot up like before and the eject button wouldn't work either. Also, I could not hear the laser attempting to read at all.
matty8887
_
1. July 2004 @ 02:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It sounds like you have a cloned magic 3.1 because the proper 1 doesnt have dvd-9 on it.
Go here to see the real chip and you can click on the link aswell to see fake chips. www.modchip.ca/products/ps2/magic3.php

-Xbox v1.0, X-ecuter2 lite, EVO-X DASHBOARD,
-PS2 V4(gap), PS2 V5, duo2
-BARTON 3200+, wInDoWs XP(sp2),
asus A7V600-X,120GB

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. July 2004 @ 02:37

Advertisement
_
__

_
Kuronosu
_
1. July 2004 @ 11:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got the modchip from (www.modchip.ca) and apparently it ruined my PS2 or I incorrectly installed it. I might purchase a new V4 board and go for a Magic DUO (www.impactmods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=34&osCsid=4d512c02b887fba494f3cf6a8fe7ae26). Do you guys know if this site sells real chips?
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > magic 3.1 screwed up my ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork