User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 05:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > playstation 4 can stream ps3 games, reports say
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PlayStation 4 can stream PS3 games, reports say
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

PlayStation 4 can stream PS3 games, reports say

article published on 16 February, 2013

Sony will provide backwards compatibility with PlayStation 3 (PS3) games by supporting streaming them to the console, according to the Wall Street Journal. Last July, Sony acquired Gaikai in a deal worth $380 million, which led to speculation that the PlayStation 3 would be able to stream game demoes and possibly older PS2 games from the service. According to a WSJ report, Sony has ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
_
17. February 2013 @ 02:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I assume this means I'll have to buy or relicense all of my ps2 and ps3 games again? The hell with that. I'll just stick the old consoles until I absolutely need a ps4.. at which point I'll have 3 systems connected to my tv.
Advertisement
_
__
elbald90
_
17. February 2013 @ 04:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and then when you've paid a fortune to relicense them sony will disable the ability to use them via a mandatory firmware update
_
17. February 2013 @ 09:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hikaricor:
I assume this means I'll have to buy or relicense all of my ps2 and ps3 games again? The hell with that. I'll just stick the old consoles until I absolutely need a ps4.. at which point I'll have 3 systems connected to my tv.
Only three?

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
17. February 2013 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I already know my next pc will support my games without needing to repurchase, and without an internet connection in many cases. It will even support games released in the Atari era....as well as atari games. Sony is such a scam.
_
18. February 2013 @ 09:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Jemborg:
Only three?
Three is all I'll need. Everything else is emulated on my xbmc system.
_
18. February 2013 @ 09:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Only three?
Fair enough.

Getting an OUYA?

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD
coorva
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. February 2013 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by KillerBug:
I already know my next pc will support my games without needing to repurchase, and without an internet connection in many cases. It will even support games released in the Atari era....as well as atari games. Sony is such a scam.
yes im not in a hurry to jump into PS4,,Ill wait CFW still works for me

microsoft after a ban wave
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
18. February 2013 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Only three?
Anyone make a good Xbox emulator yet?

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. February 2013 @ 12:52

_
18. February 2013 @ 19:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Only three?
Fair enough.

Getting an OUYA?
Well damn, four consoles then. :D Forgot about the OUYA.

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Only three?
Anyone make a good Xbox emulator yet?
Surprisingly unless someone has just been building one for a private community and keeping it under wraps to avoid cease and desist orders from microsoft there is a major lack of xbox emulators out there. A few early emus that ceased production almost immediately are out there and one that only runs Halo, but aside from them that whole scene is desolate.

--aaron
_
19. February 2013 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Only three?
Fair enough.

Getting an OUYA?
Well damn, four consoles then. :D Forgot about the OUYA.

Good on you mate. Regards.

PS: Been playing a beta version of "Volgarr" set to be on the OUYA and it's kick-ass old-school hard. It's not exclusive to it but it's a promising start for the "people's console". I hope my hands last. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

DSE VZ300-

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. February 2013 @ 01:15

_
19. February 2013 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've got a Wii. Hooray!! for me.

ZX Spectrum 128K
Advertisement
_
__

_
abelahar
_
24. October 2016 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for beginners like me need a lot of reading and searching for information on various blogs. and articles that you share a very nice and inspires me .
<a href="http://caramenggugurkankandungan.info/">cara menggugurkan kandungan</a>
<a href="http://caramenggugurkankandungan.info/obat-aborsi-cytotec/">obat aborsi</a>
<a href="http://caramenggugurkankandungan.info/kalkulator-kehamilan/">kalkulator kehamilan</a>
Related links
Download PS3 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Pachter: Sony likely to cut PS3 prices next week 6 15. August 2017 News comments
Sony reveals free PS Plus games for Vita, PS3 and PS4 owners 1 7. June 2015 News comments
PlayStation Now subscriptions headed to PS3 next week 1 6. May 2015 News comments
PlayStation Music powered by Spotify now available on PS3, PS4, Xperia 1 31. March 2015 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
PS3 not spinning discs / new laser no light 3 8. May 2014 PS3 - Everything else
ps3 fat, ylod fix, can does not work right- 2 7. May 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
What is Cobra ODE for PS3? 1 7. May 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
how to unban my dex ps3? 10 16. March 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > playstation 4 can stream ps3 games, reports say

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork