User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 13:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > 7.1 over hdmi using gtx 670
Show topics

Forums
Forums
7.1 over HDMI using GTX 670
  Jump to:

Posted Message
S_Meister
_
16. May 2013 @ 23:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I got my home theater setup but the computer is not delivering 7.1 via HDMI.

Here is my computer setup:
GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
16GB RAM
GTX 670 graphics card
i7 core 2700k processor
Windows 7 OS

I have an HDMI cable running from the GTX 670 to my Onkyo NR-3010 receiver. On that receiver, I have 11.4 surround sound setup with a total of 15 speakers. I downloaded a 7.1 test WAV fileand played it through VLC media player (it allows me to select my playback format) and even in THX cinema mode using 11.4 setup, I was still getting the stereo image over HDMI. I went ahead and used optical coming from my motherboard and I managed to get 7.1, however, my surround and rear surround speakers were inverted and I don't see any setting on the computer of how to change that. I have reinstalled my drivers, tried different HDMI ports on the receiver, used different cables, and I'm still not getting the 7.1 over HDMI.
When I go to my playback devices, I see my HDMI port and it is labeled as TX-NR3010-1 so I know it recognizes the receiver. However, when I go to properties, it says the max channels are 2 and when I go to configure, the only mode I have available is stereo.
As for the optical connection, in playback devices it is listed as "Realtek Digital Output (optical)" and does not give me the configure option, just properties. Under properties in the advanced tab, the default format only goes up to "Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround)".
This is completely unacceptable for me as I got the audio system solely for the computer as my movie player and game console and I set my self back at least 5 grand with it.
Any help will be much appreciated.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > 7.1 over hdmi using gtx 670

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork