Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blu Ray On HTPC
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dgagvgeg
_
30. December 2013 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay first off I currently have a HTPC running in my home with about 900 DvD movies and quite a few seasons of some of my favorite tv shows. I really want to get into putting my blu ray movies onto my HTPC. I have over 100 of them I would like to back up and add to the HTPC. I have gotten as far as backing them up onto 25gig BD's. But I really don't want to just put 25 gig per movie x 100 movies = 2.5TB or more. Way too much space (considering future use). My question to the community is can I convert these to smaller file sizes, without losing too much quality? Will they still look better than DvD's? Currently I am not using any compression beyond AnyDvD and CloneDvD for my DvD movies I have on the HTPC. In a perfect world I would like to have the blu ray movies 10 gig or less per. But if I will lose too much quality and they wont't look better than my dvd movies then there really is no point. My HTPC is set up as followed I have an 80gig drive running Windows 7 ultimate. A 1.5TB drive filled up with TV Shows. 2 2tb drives filled with movies. And I just purchased a 4 TB drive that I want to have 2tb for movies and 2tb for my Blu Rays. So I guess I have a two part question.

1. Can I shrink my Blu Rays down to 10 gig or less and how do I do that?

2. My current DvD files are all 4gig-4.5gig. Can I get them smaller without losing quality? And how would I do that.

Thank you ahead of time, sorry a long question was just trying to put all the information I though people would want to know before trying to answer. Thanks again.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > blu ray on htpc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork