Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvi to hdmi
  Jump to:

Posted Message
philly15
_
26. September 2010 @ 01:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just bought a samsung hd tv (http://reviews.us.samsung.com/7463/LN37B550K1FXZA/samsung-ln37b550-37-1080p-lcd-hdtv-2009-model-reviews/reviews.htm) . and wondering if i can watch videos from pc to hd tv via dvi -hdmi.

my computer has a dvi output and the new hd tv has hdmi inputs.

So do i just buy a dvi to hdmi plugin cable? or do i need to buy a dvi to hdmi converter and plug that into the computer and then get a separate hdmi cable and attach it to the other end the the converter and into the hd tv hdmi port?

how audio? will there be audio? my new hd tv has a built in internal speakers. what can i do about audios if dvi-hdmi method doesnt provide it?
shenberry
_
14. October 2010 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVI to HDMI will yeild no audio with any converter.

It doesn't really matter you can get the dvi to hdmi adapter, or you can get an dvi to hdmi cable. The adapters are cheaper if you already have a cable.
Vector330ix
_
6. December 2010 @ 20:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by philly15:
just bought a samsung hd tv (http://reviews.us.samsung.com/7463/LN37B550K1FXZA/samsung-ln37b550-37-1080p-lcd-hdtv-2009-model-reviews/reviews.htm) . and wondering if i can watch videos from pc to hd tv via dvi -hdmi.

my computer has a dvi output and the new hd tv has hdmi inputs.

So do i just buy a dvi to hdmi plugin cable? or do i need to buy a dvi to hdmi converter and plug that into the computer and then get a separate hdmi cable and attach it to the other end the the converter and into the hd tv hdmi port?

how audio? will there be audio? my new hd tv has a built in internal speakers. what can i do about audios if dvi-hdmi method doesnt provide it?
hate to be disagreeable but yes they do make DVI to hdmi that carries audio

its very similar to the POE injectors for network devices. just injects that audio signal from analog to digital and dumps it into the hdmi. dvi is already digital (we hope) so it doesnt need any conversion.

http://www.buy.com/prod/dvi-audio-spdif-toslink-to-hdmi-converter-adapter/q/sellerid/23413195/loc/111/208047492.html
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
7. December 2010 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mono price has great prices on dvi to hdmi cables. At the price above for the dvi+audio, you may as well just spend a little more and get a soundcard that has spdif out. Stay away from Soundblaster Xfi cards, they will give you nothing but trouble.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. December 2010 @ 11:57

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > dvi to hdmi

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork