User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 16:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > energy efficient blu-ray htpc (xbmc)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
energy efficient blu-ray HTPC (XBMC)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
broughstaa
_
7. November 2012 @ 06:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all,

Im wanting to build a new HTPC. But i want to build it as energy efficient as possible and having little experience, worried i will end up building a system which is low energy, but dosent do what i need it to do.

I have been looking at the Atom and Fusion processors and boards, but im open to suggestions.

I am assuming a motherboard with onboard graphics is the way to go, but again im not sure and dont now where to start to look.

i also really dont understand what type of power supply would be best. some processors are only 65w, but i dont know how much power a blu-ray drive and hard drive would also pull

basically i dont need any PVR functions.

I need it to output Blu-ray and MKV in 1080p and 5.1 HD master surround sound to AV reciever.

I need to be able to use BBCI player and ITV player etc.

I have a netflix account, but thinking of cancelling this so this isent essential

and im thinking of using XBMC

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. November 2012 @ 06:46

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > energy efficient blu-ray htpc (xbmc)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork