User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > how do i watch my movies?!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How do I watch my movies?!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
stadly
_
27. February 2012 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys,

It's been a while since my last post, but I figured this would be the best place to do this.

Anyway, usually, I have used PS3MediaServer to stream movies/shows to my PS3 from my Macbook Pro. However, once I started getting into 1080p quality stuff, this way is no longer an option.

I can play them when both my playstation and macbook are wired to the router, but then my laptop (and the house's internet) are unavailable.

Here's my question: What would be the best, most efficient, and hopefully cheap way to play my big video files on my tv?

Here's what I've ruled out:
-Putting them on an external and plugging it into the PS3 (with the FAT32, the 4GB file limit is a real pain)

Suggestions are more than welcome! The reason I post this here is because I'm thinking some sort of dedicated media server might be my best option.

Thanks!
_
28. February 2012 @ 02:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im guessing your laptop or macbook pro would have a dvi or hdmi output and you could plug it straight into the back of your tv.
streaming,putting the movies on disk and getting playback through a bluray player or usb are the only things i can think of.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > how do i watch my movies?!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork