User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > media player recommendations
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Media player recommendations
  Jump to:

Posted Message
farslayer9
_
6. December 2013 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Last year I bought a NeoTV 550 in order to play my ISOs through my home theater. Problem is that the device never worked right, even after latest firmware updates. Half the time it won't come on and has to be unplugged, which then corrupts the local databases that have to then be rebuilt. Now the front USB doesn't work right, in order to view videos I have to rebuild the database everytime, regardless of which hard drive I plug into the front (if plugged into the rear USB then the problem doesn't happen, drives are free of defects after scanning). Some blu-ray ISOs have improper audio. Network performance is horrible, it only has a 10/100 NIC that constantly flaps. So, I'm looking to toss this piece of junk and replace it with something new.

In particular, I'm looking at the KDLINKS HD720 and HD700. My only real requirements are the ability to mount and play DVD and Blu-ray ISOs stored on a NAS (actually shares on my server) AND it must be able to bitstream audio over HDMI (pass thru). Does anyone have any experience with these players or maybe have another suggestion?
nownthen
_
16. March 2014 @ 19:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Drop the ISO format. Just use the folders version (what the file structure would look like if you burned it to a disc), it will increase your device playback options.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > media player recommendations

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork