User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > wireless? keep breaking hdmi cables with wheelchair
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Wireless? Keep breaking HDMI cables with wheelchair
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bcblair
_
5. July 2012 @ 02:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a home theater pc, that I use for everything. The CPU is on a cart. I turn the cart about 3 feet for viewing from my lounging chair and my wheelchair, depending on where I want to sit. I broke two cables at the CPU, then I secured it well to the cart so that the stress wasn't at the connection. I put down one of those rubber cable management roll over items to stick the cable in and run over, but it still got pulled, by the wheelchair, at the TV connection and broke another cable. Any ideas? Is their a wireless box that can play movies/videos from my hard drive? With the new technology coming out everyday,I figure I may have missed something. What about google TV?
_
5. July 2012 @ 04:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a (so called) smart tv that streams from my computer to my tv currently using wired connection from my router to my tv as i refuse to pay $100 or so dollars for a sony wireless usb receiver and my router is in my loungeroom anyway.You can get boxes that stream to a tv from a computer think wd live has been recommended on here a few times.

just had a quick look on google and found wd tv live link thats the type of thing you'd need to stream movies from computer to tv.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
bcblair
_
7. July 2012 @ 04:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
i have a (so called) smart tv that streams from my computer to my tv currently using wired connection from my router to my tv as i refuse to pay $100 or so dollars for a sony wireless usb receiver and my router is in my loungeroom anyway.You can get boxes that stream to a tv from a computer think wd live has been recommended on here a few times.

just had a quick look on google and found wd tv live link thats the type of thing you'd need to stream movies from computer to tv.
I have a Smartv Bluray from samsung and it says it can stream from a PC. I will try that as soon as I can.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > home theater pc > wireless? keep breaking hdmi cables with wheelchair

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork