User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 10:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > denon avr-2310 - no tv audio
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Denon AVR-2310 - no TV audio
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Mikkel_48
_
18. August 2013 @ 15:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have just bought my first Receiver-Amp, a Denon AVR-2310. I also have a Sony KDL 32EX400 TV, and new Yamaha Blue-Ray player. Am using Stereo mode and 2 AR8 speakers that still sound pretty good.
The FM receiver works (sound) and I get audio and video from the Blue-Ray.
However I have been unable to get audio from the TV through the amp despite 2 days of fiddling around.
I have the TV and Amp linked by a top quality HDMI cable and get the Denon menu on the TV screen. The cable is pluged into the HDMI on the Amp marked MONITOR. On the TV side it's pluged into the HDMI1 socket marked AUX, which I believe is necessary for audio out from the TV. The input source is set to TV and on the AMP display it says TV EXT.IN. (I think it said something else before I fiddled, but can't seem to change it).
I have HDMI COntrol on and if I switch the amp off then I get sound on the TV Speakers. SWith amp on the TV displays "Audio System Active". Switch on, it displays "TV Speakers Active" and dead silence.
Why can't I hear the TV audio via the HDMI?
Help much appreciated else have to hire an expensive technician to come out.
PS: After writing this I now can't get the Denon menu on the TV screen!
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > denon avr-2310 - no tv audio

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork