User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > something compairable to a yamaha rx-v1
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Something compairable to a Yamaha RX-V1
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Darkmat
_
13. November 2012 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Yamaha RX-V1 that I've had for around 8 years now. I got it new from Tweeter when they were still in business. I love the sound when I play both cds and movies but yesterday I noticed that the right main floor speaker wasn't working. I switched both the main speakers and found out that its not the speakers but the channel in the receiver that went bad. As I said I really like the sound but the receiver is getting dated (no hdmi). I was wondering what price range for the new receivers would I need to look at to get a compairable sound ($300 $500 $1000 or even $4000). Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks Rich
_
14. November 2012 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive seen yamaha newer models for about $1000 brand new.also seen on the net reviews for denon and onkyo both are suppose to be top receivers and price wise are about same as yamaha maybe even cheaper.
i also have a thread for suggestions for a new sound system as im using a philips sterio from about 1992.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > something compairable to a yamaha rx-v1

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork