User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > vintage sansui system
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Vintage Sansui System
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rod619
_
21. July 2013 @ 08:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Guys!

My mother has an old Sansui audio system she collected over a couple years (to the tune of about $1000, 25 years ago). She is moving and is considering getting rid of it as it is way too much of an effort to set up again and it is pretty outdated. I'm just wondering if you think this system could be worth anything? Or should she just chuck it?

She has the 'Audio Program Timer AT-202', 'Stereo Graphic Equalizer Consolette RG-7X', 'Stereo Receiver R-30', 'Stereo Casette Deck D-90' and 'Automatic Return Belt Drive Turntable P-50'. The system all connects together and works together well and is in perfect condition.

Thanks,
Rod

Ps. If anyone could direct me to a forum full of vintage audiophiles that would also be very helpful! :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. July 2013 @ 08:55

Advertisement
_
__
_
22. July 2013 @ 03:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
unfortunately it wasnt one of their high end models.anything where the receiver and amp were combined wasnt the greatest.dont know about the turntable except direct drive was more desirable.but you say she bought these components seperately? what about the speakers ie model # description.there might be something there.
rod619
_
22. July 2013 @ 03:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ah okay. Very expensive for something not considered a high end model. She says she bought three components at one time, but then later added to her collection.
The speakers are of different make and she is looking to keep those.
_
22. July 2013 @ 03:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
in 1969 or 70 my brother bought sony "hi-fi" components.his amp was almost a thousand bucks,his receiver $800.the turntable was $600,and his tannoy speakers were $900 for the pair.i would almost kill to have that one today.he ended up giving it to his kid.
rod619
_
22. July 2013 @ 03:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow! That must have been such an awesome system
_
22. July 2013 @ 04:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yep,i envied him that system for years.his kid still has it.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rulisky
_
22. July 2013 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You could look for listings of similar item(s) on eBay. Might give you a feel for any values. If the items are heavy shipping could be a problem.

If the equipment works, give it to a family member??

I had an old Sansui QR6500 quadraphonic receiver from 40 years ago (yeah, I am old). Just ended up giving it away. It was old tech.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > vintage sansui system

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork