User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > is there a cheaper alternative to branded 3d glasses?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
is there a cheaper alternative to branded 3D glasses?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
warner
_
18. October 2012 @ 15:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry if this posted in the wrong section, so i have posted it 2 sections i think it may go (delete as necessary mods)

my question is this I have just bought a 3D tv, a sharp LC60LE741E but it doesnt come with the required 3D glasses and after looking on the usual places like ebay and amazon they seem to retail at between £40 to £60 and after forking out for the tv i assumed there would be at least a couple of pairs included with the tv....but alas no

the official 3d glasses for this model of tv are

AN3DG20B Active 3D Glasses

but all the alternatives on ebay dont list my tv in the compatible list of tvs, has anyone else had this problem with sharp 3d system and how did you solve it.
Or have you bought a generic pair of 3D glasses and they have worked just fine

thanks in advance
Advertisement
_
__
rulisky
_
20. October 2012 @ 10:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I do not have a 3D TV as the glasses (ie., at the Movies) make my eyeballs crazy. My eyes are bad enough without the torture of the 3D process.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on your subject. I suspect that the glasses are model matched to the brand for some technical reason. If there is a list by the manufacturer stating compatibility of glasses to TV, then this would not be an accident.

You could try to find a store selling "generic" glasses. Check them out on several TVs in the store. See what happens, if anything.

I truly suspect you are going to have to pay to play, so to speak. Good luck.
warner
_
20. October 2012 @ 10:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think you may be right, i have been in the local electrical warehouse today and they say that samsung have brought a pair of 3D glasses that should with all active shutter 3D tv's and they are a third of the priceso i'll try them i think
rulisky
_
20. October 2012 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Post what you find out. I am curious and sure others would like to know.
_
20. October 2012 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To bad they are a special type, if they where just the old fashion ones, you could of hit the local movie theater and got a couple of theirs for the price of a movie ticket lol.

I have heard http://www.sainsonic.com/3d-active-glas...ses-for-tv.html is a good site (never bought from them though) and have third party glasses that supposedly work with many tvs

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
warner
_
20. October 2012 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by keebles:
To bad they are a special type, if they where just the old fashion ones, you could of hit the local movie theater and got a couple of theirs for the price of a movie ticket lol.

I have heard http://www.sainsonic.com/3d-active-glas...ses-for-tv.html is a good site (never bought from them though) and have third party glasses that supposedly work with many tvs
i have ordered 2 pairs from ebay of that make, gonna test them aswell ;) i will find a make/model that work with my tv
_
5. December 2012 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can buy non-branded 3D glasses. They are pretty much the same. Even the ones you get in the Cinema that cost £5 will work.
Advertisement
_
__

_
tongs007
_
27. April 2013 @ 06:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by deadpixel1:
You can buy non-branded 3D glasses. They are pretty much the same. Even the ones you get in the Cinema that cost £5 will work.
wrong, the ones they use in cinemas are passive glasses and will work on any passive 3d tele like mine, the op has an active tv there for passive glasses simply won't work
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > is there a cheaper alternative to branded 3d glasses?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork