User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > old tv remote functions are wrong.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
old tv remote functions are wrong.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
27. February 2014 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a crt tv from mid 90's and its a samsung think a 51` cm tv.Basically the buttons on the universal remote don't do the right thing, i thought the old universal remote was faulty ( i knocked the remote off a shelf and it landed in a dogs water bowl). The new remote doesn't seem to function properly either.
would it be the remote or tv itself???also noticed tv doesn't have red,white,yellow inputs it only has red and white but red is video (which should be yellow).
will put a pic of the tv,sorry in advance if this is wrong section i seen television section but none for crt tvs.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
DanyPerez
_
6. March 2014 @ 01:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I bet the problem is in the remote control. Look for conductive dirt (e. g. beverages residues) that confuse the keypress signals going into the IC, or broken copper/graphite traces. TV set is less subject to handling misuse and so it is unsuspicious, unless some EPROM is losing memory.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. March 2014 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'd suspect the remote not because its broken just the programming at factory more than likely hasn't included your model tv ,an example would be my own crt tv where one code i input gets only partial function another is completely wrong another does nothing & the one that works is sorta ok unless you can buy another new uni remote with right of return then ebay would be a better bet & get the original

the rca color thing is odd i spose & only one sound input obviously means the tv has only 1 speaker

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
8. March 2014 @ 10:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
i'd suspect the remote not because its broken just the programming at factory more than likely hasn't included your model tv ,an example would be my own crt tv where one code i input gets only partial function another is completely wrong another does nothing & the one that works is sorta ok unless you can buy another new uni remote with right of return then ebay would be a better bet & get the original

the rca color thing is odd i spose & only one sound input obviously means the tv has only 1 speaker
i guess your probably right,could mess around with the remote and try different codes.
I don't need a fancy remote with a hundred features,the new 1 i got was $1.99 i think, don't think i would get much better on ebay .
The colour thing i'm thinking might of been 1 of the sockets replaced before we got the tv or just a mistake when it was being made.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > old tv remote functions are wrong.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork