User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 22:51
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > samsung pn51f5300 or lg 50pn6500??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Samsung PN51F5300 or LG 50PN6500??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Oilersguy
_
11. April 2013 @ 16:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but my LG Pk550 crapped out after 2 years, so the extended warranty I bought is offering me either the Samsung PN51F5300 or the LG 50PN6500 as a replacement...I was kinda wary about LG again, does anyone on here own either of these TV's?..I'm sure they both have the benefits...just looking for some input, cheers everyone :)
Advertisement
_
__
Oilersguy
_
13. April 2013 @ 12:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Oilersguy:
Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but my LG Pk550 crapped out after 2 years, so the extended warranty I bought is offering me either the Samsung PN51F5300 or the LG 50PN6500 as a replacement...I was kinda wary about LG again, does anyone on here own either of these TV's?..I'm sure they both have the benefits...just looking for some input, cheers everyone :)
so, no one here owns 1 of these TV's?..

28 product reviews
_
20. April 2013 @ 01:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Definitely get the Samsung, it's a way better TV, and a lot more bang for your buck.

Also make sure you have the Anti burn-in settings turned ON. It wouldn't be a bad idea to break in your new plasma for the first few hours, by just watching full screen movies and tv shows (without black bars or static logos) for the first 100 or so hours.

I recommend checking this article:
http://www.ehow.com/info_8214864_new-plasma-tv-owner-tips.html

Don't freak out if say after watching a sporting even, that you see a slight fade of the icons/scoreboard on your TV, plasma are now a lot better with image-retention, and rarely get burn-in's unless you really abuse it, but Image-retention will go away in a few minutes of just watching regular tv.

Oilersguy
_
20. April 2013 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mike.m:
Definitely get the Samsung, it's a way better TV, and a lot more bang for your buck.

Also make sure you have the Anti burn-in settings turned ON. It wouldn't be a bad idea to break in your new plasma for the first few hours, by just watching full screen movies and tv shows (without black bars or static logos) for the first 100 or so hours.

I recommend checking this article:
http://www.ehow.com/info_8214864_new-plasma-tv-owner-tips.html

Don't freak out if say after watching a sporting even, that you see a slight fade of the icons/scoreboard on your TV, plasma are now a lot better with image-retention, and rarely get burn-in's unless you really abuse it, but Image-retention will go away in a few minutes of just watching regular tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Oilersguy
_
20. April 2013 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HEy, thanks for the reply back and the advice, I went looking in the menu for the Anti-Burn in...couldnt find it though...is this possible on the 60 inch and up model only?, cheers!
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > samsung pn51f5300 or lg 50pn6500??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork