User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 23:52
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > which hdtv to buy? 50" rca or 50" vizio?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Which HDTV to buy? 50" RCA or 50" Vizio?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
24. February 2013 @ 05:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First of all, thank you for your help. It's appreciated, believe that. :)

I need some opinions, I'm planning to buy one of these two TV's in the next couple of days and I'm somewhat stuck on which one is the best buy.

First up is a Vizio 50" LCD 1080p, model:E500AR. I've had good experiences with Vizio in the past BUT...that was then, this is now, and for the price ($548), it seems to have competition from RCA.

Next up is an RCA 50" LCD 1080p, model:50LB45RQ. Price ($530). I've never owned an HD RCA, but I haven't read any bad reviews about it thus far.

As far as I can see (on paper) the main selling point of the Vizio is the contrast ratio (100,000:1 vs 1,660:1 for the RCA).

The main selling point for the RCA is the viewability, angle-wise (178-degree vertical and 178-degree horizontal). I like that idea, especially with as many children as I have.

I'm seriously hoping some opinions from people who know a LOT more about this sort of thing then I do will help settle this debate for me.

Once again, thank you for your help.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > which hdtv to buy? 50" rca or 50" vizio?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork