User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:59
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > can you set up "mirror" tv set via rg-6 cable?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can you set up "mirror" tv set via RG-6 cable?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
cs6000
_
26. October 2011 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I built my house 2 years ago I dropped two RG-6 cables to the living room from the attic. I thought it might be handy in the event I wanted to use an antennae in conjunction with dish tv. Never ended up doing that, so the second RG-6 cable has been unused.

I recently got the bright idea that it might be possible to install a TV on our covered porch, to watch football on nice fall days. The plan was to run a cable from the converter box, and hook into the spare jack in the living room. Next, drop the other end of the cable thru the porch ceiling, and mount a TV there.

First I decided to test this. The TV in living room is connected to the converter box with an HDMI cable. There is a standard RG6 cable out marked RF on the converter box. I hooked the second TV to this, placed TV on channel 3, and got a picture. This picture is good, but not full screen, its cropped some on both the top, bottom and sides. I've tried to jockey with the TV's aspect ratio, but cannot get the full image.

Obviously running an HDMI cable to the porch is not an option. The picture is OK, but would like the full screen. Is this possible with the setup I've described? I realize it would only be a mirror, and I'd have to change channels inside at the converter.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > can you set up "mirror" tv set via rg-6 cable?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork