User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 01:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > hdmi to component question(s)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HDMI to Component Question(s)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jerred121
_
13. October 2012 @ 04:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have an older plasma HDTV that has component but not HDMI. I have a Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/) that only has HDMI and RCA (video only). Initially I thought that a HDMI to Component converter box (Link) was my only option, until I saw some HDMI to Component cables - video only with 3 connectors (Link) and similar cables but pressumably with audio as well (Link)

Obviously, the cables sound too good to be true, plus the whole digital to analog things makes these much cheaper cables unlikely to work, but with the price difference, I figured it was worth a quick question. i've also read on some forums of people actually using these, but you know how that goes. So does anyone know if the cable is even worth a shot? Or of a better/cheaper solution than the $40 converter?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this wasn't the appropriate forum for this question.

PSP-modded, ps2 fat-modded w/fliptop and swap magic, PS3-YLoD, DS Lite w/ Acekard 2i, Xbox 360 - JTAGed with no dvd-rom

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. October 2012 @ 04:56

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > hdmi to component question(s)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork