User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 12:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > surround sound over the air
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Surround sound Over the Air
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
19. December 2011 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am considering cancelling my satellite service and going OTA with an antenna. I know that I have a good signal and am happy with the picture I get. My main concern is the sound. I have read that if you take your coax straight to your tv and use the digital optical out of the tv to your a/v receiver, that you're good to go for surround. I actually want to take the coax straight to my receiver (Yamaha)(will have to look up model #...) then out from my receiver via coax or possibly HDMI (I can do either) back to the tv. Will I be able to get surround this way?
Thanks in advance!
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > surround sound over the air

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork