Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Recorder and Tuners
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bbh791
_
22. April 2012 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My DVD recorder no longer records and have noticed these are hard to find in stores locally. I have a Samsung VR4607 VCR new in box and would like to know if I bought an external tuner, can I record TV programs with use of an outside antenna? I no longer have cable so the current recorder I have has an internal tuner. Just need to get it up going again and if this doesn't work, I will try to find a recorder over the net. Thanks to all.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2012 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use a Zenith tuner connected to a VCR to record OTA TV.
I use the composite output (video + L&R audio) connectors, into the input of the VCR.
bbh791
_
24. April 2012 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I now have my VCR connected to the converter box and TV. I can record however, do I need a tuner similar to yours to be able to set the program I want to record while I am away?
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2012 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My Zenith converter outputs the A/V signal using the yellow/white/red connectors.
On my VCR, the 'Channel' for A/V input is designated F1.
I simply set the converter box to the required channel;set the VCR start/stop time and select 'F1' as my channel and power off the VCR.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd recorders > dvd recorder and tuners

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork