User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > auto gk no longer working
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Auto GK no longer working
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kookie56
_
2. December 2013 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My Auto GK was working great and then, suddenly I started getting this message box:
"VirtualDub Failure
avisynth open failure
Evaluate:System exception-access violation
(C:\Users\Cindy\Desktop\Castle\AGK_Tmp\Castle 2x06 Vampire Weekend_comptest.avs,line 5)"
Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix the problem?
I love this program and use it all the time.
Can anyone help?
Thank you
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. December 2013 @ 17:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
(C:\Users\Cindy\Desktop\Castle\AGK_Tmp\Castle 2x06 Vampire Weekend_comptest.avs,line 5)"
In the AGK_Tmp folder on your Desktop there is a file
Quote:
Castle 2x06 Vampire Weekend_comptest.avs
The message refers to line 5 of that file (the file opens with Notepad).
Can you copy and paste line 5.
Also, in the AGK_Tmp folder there should be an AC3 audio file that has "delay" as part of the name.
Can you right click on it and get it's properties;copy and paste the full name shown under properties.
kookie56
_
2. December 2013 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The episode mentioned (Vampire weekend) is in a folder of shows separated by DVD Shrink.
I only click on the ifo for that episode.
I don't know what line you are referring to.
I also don't know where the AGK temp folder would be.
I'm not real computer smart. I am best with the click and do programs, such as AutoGK (when it is working).
I am sorry I still need answers, but Thank you for your help.
Can you still help?
Thank you
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2013 @ 05:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:

It says it's on the Desktop.
kookie56
_
3. December 2013 @ 09:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Where am I suppose to copy and paste it to?
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2013 @ 09:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Open this file...

Quote:
Castle 2x06 Vampire Weekend_comptest.avs
...in Notepad by running Notepad and click File > Open.
Browse to the file, highlight and click the button marked.'Open'.
When the file has opened in Notepad, click 'Edit' > 'Select All'.
Click 'Edit' > 'Copy'.

Back in Afterdawn, in your reply to this post, Right Click on any blank space and select 'Paste'.

Before you do all that, I have to ask if you have tried any other video files in AutoGK.
It would be nice to know if the problem is only with the current video or all videos are now affected.
kookie56
_
3. December 2013 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will try what you said.
I was using AutoGk as I always did. It was working fine.
Then, for some unknown reason, it started giving me the virtualdub error message.
I don't know why. I did nothing different, than I always did.
I tried the next file and got the same result.
I don't know why this is happening.
Thank you for your help, by the way. It is always nice when someone cares enough to help.
I appreciate it.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2013 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can you open a file that you converted previously and see if it still converts OK.
Advertisement
_
__

_
kookie56
_
3. December 2013 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I did that and it worked fine. For some reason,it just doesn't want to do season two.
I started season three and it seems to be fine.
I sure don't know what caused the problem with season two.
Thank you for ALL your help.
Thank you.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > auto gk no longer working

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork