User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 16:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > brittish dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
brittish dvd
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ymeyer
_
15. May 2013 @ 06:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have several dvds from the UK , and I would like to know how to convert them to be able to watch them. Any suggestions ???
thanks in advance
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. May 2013 @ 08:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are they commercial disks or burned.
Commercial disks are generally region coded - the UK is region 2.
Your Region 1 DVD burner in the PC will only allow you to play a disk from a different region four times then it becomes locked to that region - meaning that if the fourth disk was region 2, you can't play anything except region 2 from then on (only applies to DVD's that have a region code - burned disks don't)

I think that AnyDVD will bypass that problem if it's run before inserting the disk.
Another way is DVDFab Passkey.

http://www.dvdidle.com/download.htm

You can check the region code of your burner in Device Manager.
Note that this burner of mine has only one change left - so be careful.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. May 2013 @ 09:01

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > brittish dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork