User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > converting an audio dvd to video
Show topics

Forums
Forums
converting an audio dvd to video
  Jump to:

Posted Message
stibi
_
3. June 2013 @ 09:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I have on my PC a DVD folder consisting of music played by an orchester. The size of that folder is over 6 GB so I burned the same on a blank DVD disc of 8.5 GB and I had no problems with playing the same disc on my standalone DVD player.

However, a friend of mine is unable to play thhe said DVD on his standalone DVD player, apparently because his player cannot play such large DVDs.

Hence I would like to convert the said DVD folder into a an avi or other video. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

stibi

How
Advertisement
_
__
rulisky
_
3. June 2013 @ 13:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What specific file format are you speaking of?

Your forum title says "converting an audio dvd to video". You can not make a video file out of an audio file. So we need to know the exact file type you have.

Then we can see which format converter you may need. Or you may only need to compress or shrink your existing format.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. June 2013 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like a really old dvd player if it can't play dual layer dvd's,so download dvdshrink & compress the video to dvd5,you can set shrink to a custom size of around 4485mb this will allow less compression

stibi
_
9. June 2013 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi rulisky and scorpNZ,

Sorry for my belated reaction - I have been absent.

rulisky: its a DVD the content of which is a concert of classical music (in other words, when you are playing it you see and hear the orchestra playing.

scorpNZ[/b] It realy is an old DVD player. Anyway I took your advise, i.e. I compressed the DVD with dvdshrink, and now my friend can see and hear it.

Thanks a lot

stibi
rulisky
_
9. June 2013 @ 07:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes. Shrink is good for compressing. Glad it worked for you.
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
9. June 2013 @ 13:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > converting an audio dvd to video

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork