User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > dvd to avi/xvid oddities
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD to AVI/Xvid oddities
  Jump to:

Posted Message
sinister7
_
2. November 2011 @ 13:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello all,

Recently Ive decided to backup my DVD collection with the intent on converting the main movie into AVI/Xvid for easy streaming of the film to my PS3. I have had success with a few movies so the process seems ok, but its not consistant.
Ive been using Aimersoft Video converter pro to load the dvd folder, I select the whole movie (not checking scene selection or bonus features), then choose the output file format, usually AVI.
Heres what gets me, sometimes it will result in the whole movie as an AVI (what I want), and sometimes Ill get the movie in two parts, one is always about 2.0gb and the other part is a few hundred Megabytes. The larger file is unreadable by just about every video player program Ive tried, and the smaller one plays just fine but its usually only the last few minutes of the film/credits. Im really stumped as to why this affect only some videos or at all. Anyone have an idea as to why this is or a better method to use for this purpose. Thanks in advance.
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. November 2011 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AutoGK is free.
You can convert one or a batch of DVD's.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-282...914579/#5570803
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > dvd to avi/xvid oddities

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork