User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 23:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > ripping dvd to harddrive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ripping DVD to Harddrive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
thehitcher
_
2. January 2014 @ 07:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys,

I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to ripping DVD's, I've done a few in the past, but have come across quite an annoying hurdle that I'm hoping you might be able to help me with!

I've been lent a few screener/award DVD's that I want to rip to my hard drive as a VIDEO_TS so I can burn and watch them after I have to give them back. It's not my intent to sell or loan them, as my contact could land themselves in a touch of bother!

However it seems these already copied DVD's have some kind of block on them that prevents ripping and/or copying.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

I'm using a Mac, and have tried all of the following programmes:

Ripit
MacTheRipper
WinX DVD Ripper
MacX DVD
HandBrake

Basically when I insert the DVD it either crashes the programme or just tells me the DVD can't be ripped.

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks
rulisky
_
2. January 2014 @ 09:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You are speaking of Piracy. Screeners are sent to people who actually vote for the Oscars. They are specially watermarked to either prevent copying or trace back to the Voter who got the disc for evaluation if they are copied.

Surely your "friend" does not agree with what you say.
ddp
_
2. January 2014 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
closed due to piracy issues & multi-posting. http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-11/dvd_ripping-970061/
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > ripping dvd to harddrive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork