User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > script for converting the audio in mkv files
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Script for converting the audio in MKV files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Flussig
_
20. July 2013 @ 04:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there

I have a popcorn hour a-300 and currently there is a bug in the firmware that crashes the unit if a MKV or MP4 file is played with the AAC sound encoding.
There doesn't seem much hope of the clowns at support to fix it and it would appear they have dropped support for the unit in favour of the top line products.

Currently i have been manually using DS Mux to change the audio to MP3 but this is can be cumbersome.

Is there anyway to automate this process, maybe a batch file of something?

Cheers
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. July 2013 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've used the following to convert mkv audio to mp3.
Use at your own risk - use copies of the source videos else all will end in tears.
I don't use mp4, but guess that subsituting mp4 for mkv in the bat file would work.
Assumes that a folder 'c:\bin' exists that contains ffmpeg.exe and this bat file.
Also assumes that copies of the mkv files to be processed are also in the 'c:\bin' folder
Assumes that the folder c:\bin\out' exists for storing the processed files.
The processed files in the 'out' folder have _ appended to the name eg 'file1.mkv' is saved as'file1_.mkv'.
It is then renamed to the same name as the original in the bin folder 'file1.mkv'
The source file in 'bin' is deleted.
The command line retains the original video and subtitles,the audio is conveted to mp3.

@echo off

for %%a in ("*.mkv") do call :go_now "%%a"
if %%a not==("*.mkv") goto eof

:go_now
echo processing %~n1.mkv
ffmpeg -i "%~dpn1.mkv" -vcodec copy -scodec copy -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k "%~dpn1_.mkv"

move "%~dpn1_.mkv" c:\bin\out\

cd c:\bin\out
ren "%~dpn1_.mkv" "%~n1.mkv"

cd c:\bin
del /q "%~dpn1.mkv"

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > script for converting the audio in mkv files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork