User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 22:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > surface check of css dvds
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Surface check of CSS DVDs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
DanyPerez
_
5. March 2014 @ 14:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi! I routinely use IsoBuster to check if a given CD or DVD can be read without problems in a given computer unit. For most CSS DVDs, the old DVD Decrypter suffices (I'm not a pirate, please read on). But some discs have an encryption scheme that confuses the soft into thinking it has tens of gigabytes by declaring fake repeated files. WinX has no problem, but unfortunately many read errors are concealed by this program. I do need to know if there were errors, no matter if they are unnoticeable in the ripped material. Can anybody suggest me a suitable program?
NOTE: I have searched the Forum and found a couple threads closed due to piracy reasons. I have read the Rules, especially the "PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED". If I was a pirate I would stick to WinX and would not be writing this. I would be most happy with something like an IsoBuster that reads encrypted sectors but writes nothing to the hard disc (I have already contacted Peter, and he has no plans to add this feature).
Thank you!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. March 2014 @ 14:03

_
6. March 2014 @ 23:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Programs such as DVDFab and AnyDVD can handle newer encryption. DVDFab HD Decrypter is still offered on the DVDFab website for free. It can copy the full disk, or just the main movie if you prefer.

After that, I tend to use a program, like either FixVTS or Vob blanker to "clean up" the files that are decrypted, followed by using DVD Shrink (free version, as all the paid versions are scams). From there, you should be able to burn your own copy.

DanyPerez
_
22. March 2014 @ 00:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rtm27, sorry for the delay in reading this! I'll give a try to DvdFab and AnyDvd.
I don't understand what that "clean up" is for, but that won't be necessary, I just need to check readability. Many thanks!
P.D. Ha, ha, 1st time I read that a paid version is a scam!
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > surface check of css dvds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork