User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > trouble using autogk
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Trouble Using AutoGK
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Victor43
_
5. October 2013 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello

I'm trying to run AutoGK to convert DVD to AVI. However I cannot select the Video_TS folder under the Input File option. AutoGK does not select it even though its there on the hard drive file system.

Any ideas why I cannot select this folder ?

Thanks

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. October 2013 @ 14:07

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. October 2013 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you trying to select the .IFO file associated with the main movie; typically VTS_01_0.IFO
Victor43
_
5. October 2013 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Are you trying to select the .IFO file associated with the main movie; typically VTS_01_0.IFO
Thanks for the reply. Originally I was not selecting this file but tried selecting it just now and it gives me the error "Error Parsing IFO file" Any ideas ?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. October 2013 @ 15:07

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. October 2013 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Assuming that VTS_01 is the main title, you can select VTS_01_1.VOB - the rest of the relevant VOB files will load automatically.
Victor43
_
5. October 2013 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Assuming that VTS_01 is the main title, you can select VTS_01_1.VOB - the rest of the relevant VOB files will load automatically.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try it out tomorrow and will post again if this does not work.
Victor43
_
13. October 2013 @ 18:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dear Reader. I was able to create a AVI file using the latest version of AutoGK. I chose the source IFO file then choose 2 CD = 1.4GB output format and left the Audio default selection under Audio Advance as default. Once the process was done I tried viewing the AVI file using VLC the video was nice but no audio. What can cause the output avi file to have no audio ? AutoGK created several other large files some were 700MB and others were smaller. The main movie was 1.4GB in addition to the extra files I mentioned.

How is it possible to reduce the running time of AutoGK and what could cause the main output AVI file to have no audio ?

Thanks

Victor

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. October 2013 @ 18:48

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2013 @ 20:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Use MediaInfo to check for the audio being present.

Change the size using 'Custom';type in the size you want.

Victor43
_
19. October 2013 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks attar. Yes I believe the AVI files does contain the audio file. Please see screenshot. Thanks for the instructions on how to reduce size of file.

Victor

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. October 2013 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It shows an AC3 audio file OK.
Are you not hearing the audio during playback?
Advertisement
_
__

_
Victor43
_
21. October 2013 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Attar. I think the issue is with my sound card maybe I'll try to check it out. Thanks for the follow up.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > trouble using autogk

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork