User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:51
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > what to do after atube catcher download
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What to do after atube Catcher download
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
22. January 2014 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im trying to copy an online movie to use on any dvd player. First I downloaded the movie from carckle using atube catcher at this point I can play the movie on my computer and I can make a DVD that will also play on my computer, however, that is all it will do.
When I try to run the downloaded movie through DVD Shrink I get am error message that video failed due to invalid file name. I guess that is the sticking point if anybody can help me get beyond this point it would be appreciated.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2014 @ 06:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only names DVD Shrink should be seeing are the movie files after the DVD has been authored.
After you downloaded the video, what was used to convert/author it to movie format.

_
23. January 2014 @ 13:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried several things. First I encoded the downloaded through Windows DVD maker this allow me to run it part way through shrink but it stuck at 50%. One thing I did notice was that if you looked at the dvd drive after the Windows DVD maker burn was done instead of the bar that shows under the DVD drive letter was red instead of the usual blue.

Heres what I show:
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
VTS_01_5.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP

Also: I can't burn a disc using DVD Decrypter because it showing that it's unsupported.

Thomas R Frank

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. January 2014 @ 18:07

AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2014 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_O1_1.VOB

Is the second file 01 (zero1) or O1 (oh1)
_
23. January 2014 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It would be zero 1.. ( VTS_01_0.VOB )my mistake.

Thomas R Frank

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. January 2014 @ 18:06

AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2014 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What video format was the download?
_
24. January 2014 @ 09:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not sure I know how to determine that. It was downloaded as AVI Standard ISO MPEG-4 (high quality )in aTube Catcher.

Thomas R Frank

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. January 2014 @ 09:26

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2014 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try using AVStoDVD to convert to DVD.
Set 'DVD Size' to 4.7
'Output' to DVD Folder..
'Preferences' > 'Video' to NTSC or PAL as required.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD
_
25. January 2014 @ 09:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I ran it through AVS to DVD and after authorizing I get the message of invalid file name when trying to run it through Shrink.

The best luck I've had so far is that after aTube Catcher I put it through Windows DVD maker then open it in Shrink it will go part way through the analysing process then it goes no further approx. 50% this, however tells me that I'm close. I get no message it just stops.

Thomas R Frank

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. January 2014 @ 10:12

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. January 2014 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If AVStoDVD output files to fit DVD 5, why do you need DVD Shrink?

PgcEdit can sometimes find problems in DVD files.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PgcEdit
Download and run PgcEdit.
File > Open DVD and point it to the folder containing the authored DVD, see if it can open the files.
_
25. January 2014 @ 14:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know what to do with the files I get out of AVS to DVD. I will get a DVD 0 and a DVD 1 plus some other files with the movie starting pages showing.

The reason I run it through Shrink is because I know if it goes through the analizing part I can save it to my movies file and that it will play on my DVD player not just the computer this way I don't waste disks.

Thomas R Frank
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. January 2014 @ 14:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD 0 contains a VIDEO_TS folder which holds the output files.
DVD Shrink would normally be able to select the DVD 0 folder and detect the movie files in the VIDEO_TS folder automatically.
Subsequent projects from AVStoDVD would be labelled DVD 1, DVD 2 etc.

Just to be clear, you have verified that DVD Shrink can open any another valid DVD folder or movie disk without the error message?
_
25. January 2014 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
DVD 0 contains a VIDEO_TS folder which holds the output files.
DVD Shrink would normally be able to select the DVD 0 folder and detect the movie files in the VIDEO_TS folder automatically.
Subsequent projects from AVStoDVD would be labelled DVD 1, DVD 2 etc.

Just to be clear, you have verified that DVD Shrink can open any another valid DVD folder or movie disk without the error message?
Yes Shrink works just fine but in this case is where I have the problem. I did try to run the DVD 0 after AVS to DVD and again it showed that I had an invalid file name. I just tried to run the movie through shrink ( analyzing ) again and the error message reads stopped because of ( cyclic redundancy check )at 52% finished.

Thomas R Frank

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. January 2014 @ 16:26

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. January 2014 @ 16:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've uploaded a small, zipped, AVI clip that you can download to test.
Extract it from the folder using the password "afterdawn" - without the quotes.
Run it through AVStoDVD then open the resulting output folder with DVD Shrink.
If it passes ok, the problem has to be in your source file - but I don't have a clue as to what it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ah6twg5mwj08vtp/clip.zip
_
25. January 2014 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I downloaded and used the password ( afterdawn ) and it opened my ImgBurn program and then there was nothing I could do.

Thomas R Frank
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. January 2014 @ 06:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All I have left is that you try posting at the VideoHelp site.

http://forum.videohelp.com/
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
26. January 2014 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
attar, good news and bad news. I did get the online video to copy and play. The bad news is that I don't know which of the steps I took did the trick, I ran it through so many programs that I don't know which one finally worked. I will, however try to reconstruct what I did and report back to you because I appreciate the time you spent with me to find the solution and if anyone followed along with us they deserve to known the results. Thank you so much.

Thomas R Frank

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. January 2014 @ 12:30

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > what to do after atube catcher download

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork