User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 12:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > atapi dvd a dh20a4p doesn't read discs
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P doesn't read discs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
flower027
_
23. October 2010 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am not sure what is going on with my DVD player but it no longer reads any burned DVD/CD. It will read a normal one. Not sure if this is related, but when I open Itunes it says "The registry settings used by Itunes drivers for importing and burning CDs/DVDs are missing" Is there a way to fix this? It use to work just fine.

I am using Windows XP SP3

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. October 2010 @ 16:54

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2010 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you have ImgBurn installed, get past the splash screen and try using 'Tools' > 'Filter driver load order' to remove the upper class and lower class filters (if they exist) - then reboot.

flower027
_
24. October 2010 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't have Imgburn but you can do that in registry, which mine only had the lower class filter. Removed it, rebooted and nothing. I have tried uninstalling it and rebooting and it picks it back up but still doesn't work. I have checked all the plugs to make sure they are tight, I just don't know what else to do. It sounds like I need the burn drivers as it reads regular dvds/cds just fine.
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2010 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is the firmware up to date.
flower027
_
24. October 2010 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know how to check the firmware and don't know where to download, I did try to look at that.
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2010 @ 19:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ImgBurn under 'Tools' > 'Drive' > 'Check for firmware updates...'.
flower027
_
24. October 2010 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i don't have imgburn on my puter any other solutions?
ps355528
_
29. October 2010 @ 16:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
install imgburn .. it's free

firmware.. http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

likely the drive is on the way out.. they usually stop reading burns before prints.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. October 2010 @ 16:28

Advertisement
_
__

_
flower027
_
29. October 2010 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok installed imgburn, checked firmware it is up to date. The filters say NONE and remove button doesn't light up when selected. I guess it is time for a new one. Thanks for the help
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > atapi dvd a dh20a4p doesn't read discs

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork