User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > cd dvd rom not visable on laptop
Show topics

Forums
Forums
cd dvd rom not visable on laptop
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
12. December 2010 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a compaq presario f700 and it used to play cds and dvds
i havent played any in a while but when i went to the other day it wont

when i go into my computer its doesnt show a cd/dvd drive and there no drivers in device manager for one
ive taken out the cd rom model no. GSA-T40N and putit back in it hoping it might just be a loose connection
ive done a hardware scan but cant detect it i haven a clue what else to do im running windows vista

thanks for any replies
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. December 2010 @ 11:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anything in the bios that lists the drive?
_
12. December 2010 @ 13:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Anything in the bios that lists the drive?
i dont no how would i go about checking it

cheers
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. December 2010 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sometimes at startup there will be a message on the screen telling you which key to tap before it starts Windows.
Try one of these:
F10
F1
F2
DEL
ESC

Once inside, you check around for something that lists the drive and make sure it's set to 'Automatic'.
ddp
_
12. December 2010 @ 16:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
any exclamation marks or unknown device(s) in device manager?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
13. December 2010 @ 14:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
any exclamation marks or unknown device(s) in device manager?
i looked again theres a disc drive mentioned its called this FUJITSU MHY2200BH i tried to update the driver but it says it has the best one already
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > cd dvd rom not visable on laptop

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork