User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 10:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > confusing dvd rom drive ...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
confusing dvd rom drive ...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rezent
_
10. October 2010 @ 08:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay I brought my PC probably just about a year ago, and havn't had any problems with it, untill now.

The other day I tried to open my DVD-Rom drive to put in a blank disk to burn a dvd, and when clicking the eject button it wouldn't open. I opend My Computer to see my DVD drive named as, BD-ROM Drive (D:) .. I right clicked it and clicked eject,,, nothing. Restarted, everything loaded, tried to open the DVD-Rom drive... nothing, the green light isn't even showing on the drive.

However, before you say it's probably died or something, I had a little mess, and discovered that if I plug in not just the IDE cable but the SATA Master connector from my hard drive, the light would glow green and it would actually open up for me to put a CD in, however obviously the computer couldn't start because I took the Master SATA cable connector out of my HDD.

Im completely confused, because I have only ever had 1 SATA Master Connector.. and 2 IDE cables, (1 orange, 1 red - dunno if that makes a diff? lol)

Any help would be great, cheers
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > confusing dvd rom drive ...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork