User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 00:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > dvd drive won't open
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD drive won't open
  Jump to:

Posted Message
maxtech07
_
7. May 2010 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,
My DVD drive on my computer tower won't open until I press the open button 15-20 times. The DVD drive works fine and plays DVDs after it opens. I didn't specify the specific model of my DVD drive because I don't think it has to do with that. If more information is needed, just ask. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
_
__
Paula_X
Suspended permanently
_
8. May 2010 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
under the tray is a small drive belt.. replace it.

if you can't be bothered with that just leave a disk in all the time.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. May 2010 @ 23:37

maxtech07
_
9. May 2010 @ 01:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Paula_X:
under the tray is a small drive belt.. replace it.

if you can't be bothered with that just leave a disk in all the time.
I will try your suggestion with the belt. Sometimes I just leave a CD/DVD in the drive all the time but it slows my PC start time so I usually don't do it. Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I'll let you know how everything turns out.
ddp
_
9. May 2010 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
change your boot sequence so that the hard drive is 1st bootdrive.
maxtech07
_
10. May 2010 @ 00:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok. I'll change the boot sequence first before I replace the drive belt. Thanks.
Paula_X
Suspended permanently
_
11. May 2010 @ 05:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bet it's a samsung drive.. hehehehehe.. wonder how I guessed that. a belt from a scrap cd-rom drive will usually fit nicely.
_
19. June 2010 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had the same problem and yes it was a samsung . The belt was a little dirty so it would slip . I just cleaned it off with warm water and put back on . Worked like a charm .
Advertisement
_
__

_
maxtech07
_
20. June 2010 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks a lot for the reply guys. As of now I haven't tried the suggestions of anyone simply because I have been a little busy. When I do try to fix the drive I'll post my result. Thanks again.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > dvd drive won't open

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork