User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > dvd rom problems (clicking on audio cd)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvd rom problems (clicking on audio cd)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Guy_Walters
_
22. December 2010 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey,

I have a 4 year old dvd rom. I bought a game and tried to install it: no go. It just read and read and did not respond, could not read contents in windows explorer and autorun did not work. Further, I threw in an audio cd and it clicks and pops. The clicks and pops are correlated with the light on the rom, so when it clicks in sync with the rapidly flashing green light. I ran eusing to fix the registry, no change. I am ready to buy a new one, but am wondering if there might be another reason.
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. December 2010 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The laser is more than likely worn out on such an old drive, or another element of the hardware is failing. So yeah, time for a new drive - they aren't expensive anymore, not for a pretty standard burner.

Guy_Walters
_
27. December 2010 @ 14:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks, got a new one and problem solved
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > dvd rom problems (clicking on audio cd)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork