User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > my cd/dvd rom have issues reading cds or dvds
Show topics

Forums
Forums
my cd/dvd rom have issues reading cds or dvds
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ajecko
_
25. April 2010 @ 03:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi
The model is SONY CD-RW CRX320E
I first noticed this problem when I tried to burn CD and all of my burning software won't find the blank CD-R.
Then a few days have passed, I reformated it from windows 2000 to xp. I tried to reinstalled the sound card drivers but it took really long and stopped at 97% due to an error. After finishing, I tried relaxing by watching a DVD, the drive reads the DVD but when you watch it, its slightly slowed down and stutters.
What I did:
-I thought it was Windows Media Player, so I installed a different player but still the same.
-I thought it was some sort of software problems like codecs but its all downloaded, and I was able to play .avi files perfectly
-I noticed that the DVD I tried to watch said "File System:UDF" so I tried to read about it but instead I tried an old DVD (2005). Still the same
-I played it on my other drive OPTORITE DVD RW DD1205; and it played perfectly! (the new DVD)
-My last try was a dvd with an .avi file - It played with significantly less stutter but it was still there

So I guess its my Drive? my questions are:
1. Is my drive just getting old?
2. Is there a fix for it? or do I just replaced it with a new one?

Thank you
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > my cd/dvd rom have issues reading cds or dvds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork