Forums
Forums
HELP with WD 3 TB
  Jump to:

Posted Message
FaisalBhatti
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
19. March 2014 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wd 3 TB my book essential hung on me last night, i waited for 3 hours to let it resolve it itself but i had no choice to turn it off. it was connected to a WD TV and i was watching a movie on it .So after i restartet the both my devices the WD TV was fine but the hard drive is no longer detectable on my MAC or the WD TV device's. i tried replacing the transfer cable but still no luck. it just keeps blinking. i wanted to reset the hard disk but there is no reset pinhole button anywhere.its really frustrating as my family home videos are on it which are priceless. I'm sure the software needs to close down properly and restarted again on the hard drive. please please someone help.

seriously?
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
19. March 2014 @ 12:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is it under warranty?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
19. March 2014 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It would most probably void the warranty if you attempted to open it to get access to the hdd assuming there's security stickers on it,it would be best to either take it to a local WD approved repairer to get the hdd out to use in the computer directly or another external housing or contact WD directly to ask permission,either way you'll need access to the hdd to retrieve the data if the hdd isn't stuffed,lastly one drive is never enough not even two is enough to store stuff on unless you can afford to loose that data

FaisalBhatti
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
19. March 2014 @ 23:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
It would most probably void the warranty if you attempted to open it to get access to the hdd assuming there's security stickers on it,it would be best to either take it to a local WD approved repairer to get the hdd out to use in the computer directly or another external housing or contact WD directly to ask permission,either way you'll need access to the hdd to retrieve the data if the hdd isn't stuffed,lastly one drive is never enough not even two is enough to store stuff on unless you can afford to loose that data
no its not under warranty.

thank you guys for the help. i guess ill have to take it to the WD guys here.

thanks a ton.

seriously?
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
20. March 2014 @ 03:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The case doesn't use screws instead uses clips,the trick would be using a thin as possible plastic lever or perhaps knife & knowing exactly where the clips are,however there are better cases available than the wd that use screws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yi0ccvSIxo
http://nz.search.yahoo.com/search?p=how...r=moz2-ytff-tyc

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > help with wd 3 tb

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork