User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 02:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > hp a6000n hdd problem
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HP a6000n HDD Problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rottingkd
_
27. April 2014 @ 23:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So my hard drive went bad on my HP a6000n I bought a new one and now a black screen when I try to boot with windows disk Win7.
Disk boot Failure, Insert system disk and press enter

I think MB is good cos im able to enter bios setup. cd/dvd cable is ide and set as 1st boot and ide cable also 1st. hdd is 2nd and sata 2. is there something im missing? i've looked all over the web for answers but can't seem any that can help.

thanks
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
28. April 2014 @ 00:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is your dvd drive good as it should boot off the dvd disk being the hard drive is blank & that the dvd drive is the 1st boot drive? check that the dvd disk can boot too just to make certain it is not causing the problem.
rottingkd
_
28. April 2014 @ 00:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
is your dvd drive good as it should boot off the dvd disk being the hard drive is blank & that the dvd drive is the 1st boot drive? check that the dvd disk can boot too just to make certain it is not causing the problem.
I think, before I removed the old hdd, the dvd drive was working fine, and when I boot the pc i can feel it spin, and its trying to read the disk... it takes about 15 to 30 sec and then i get the boot failure notice. im gonna swap the drive with another and ide cables just in case, and ill give it a go.
ddp
_
28. April 2014 @ 00:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
make certain the bios sees the dvd drive as maybe the ide cable to drive or motherboard was partially dislodged when you were installing the new sata hd.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rottingkd
_
28. April 2014 @ 00:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
make certain the bios sees the dvd drive as maybe the ide cable to drive or motherboard was partially dislodged when you were installing the new sata hd.
thanks ddp, that's another thing bios sees both dvd and new hdd. boot list cd/dvd as 1st
and hdd 3rd.?
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > hp a6000n hdd problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork