Show topics

Forums
Forums
Radeon 260x problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Msnooks
_
3. November 2013 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there,

I have just bought the new asus r7 260x OC model
To replace my gtx280 as I was having heat issues with it the other day.

The card keeps black screening me even though the monitor is
Still on. I know the 260x is a pcie3 card which It is in a pcie2.1 slot
But it should still work until I can upgrade the rest of my rig.

I have a
gigabyte ex58 extreme
Intel i7 920 D0 2.66ghz
12gb 1600 ddr3 corsair ram
1000watt corsair hx1000 psu

I just don't understand why this is becoming un-usable when
I just bought it yesterday. It black screens or freezes on restart, black screens
On opening catalyst centre.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
3. November 2013 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is your cpu overclocked? is the video connector from the psu plugged into the card?
Msnooks
_
4. November 2013 @ 03:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
is your cpu overclocked? is the video connector from the psu plugged into the card?
Nope, CPU is stock at 2.66ghz. Speed stepping is off, turbo is off. 6 pin is in the card supplying up to 50amps on both rails of the 1000watt supply.
I tried the drivers that came with it, and it work for abit but I kept getting artifacts on my screen just browsing Facebook.

I tried the latest update from amd catalyst beta 8. Still no luck.

Got In touch with asus and they didn't tell me anything new. I can't even test it in another rig as this is my only one. Still waiting for a reply from scan.co.uk where I got it from at the weekend.

Does this card use extra power from new mobos? I see mobos with extra
8 pin PCI-e connectors or something like that.
ddp
_
4. November 2013 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it will get extra power from psu directly not thru motherboard. i think you have a bad card as that happened with a customer once with a brand new system & he also had bad brand new ram too.
Msnooks
_
4. November 2013 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
it will get extra power from psu directly not thru motherboard. i think you have a bad card as that happened with a customer once with a brand new system & he also had bad brand new ram too.
i did contact scan where i bought it from and they dont have a clue either. Its not like i have another rig i can test the card with yet it just really doesn't want to work. plugging it in and booting the pc up is fine. installing catalyst drivers from disc crashes. i have seen someone else review the 260x and his gpu-z says its running on pci-e 1.1 which is less that than what i am trying to run it at. my gpu-z freezes loading up. i guess there is something weird about the card which gpu-z can't read whats going on correctly.

i did gpu-z running a couple of times the other day and it showed it running at pci-e 2.0 and then i checked again later on and it had stepped it down again to pci-e 1.1. Its like it can't make up its mind. Hopefully i can take it back tomorrow since i have a day off work. Well gutted so far especially since its only just come out
Advertisement
_
__

_
qqangel
_
10. December 2013 @ 06:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the problem is amd driver,me got stock 60pcs for cyber cafe the problem same like this always black screen
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > radeon 260x problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork