User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > unlock directv hard drives for use in pc
Show topics

Forums
Forums
unlock directv hard drives for use in pc
  Jump to:

Posted Message
axelbeam
_
28. April 2013 @ 02:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok so i figured it out after going through the posts in the thread and tinkering with my hr-24's hard drive for a few weeks i remembered when we were modding hard drives in the original xbox we had to do a hot swap to unlock it so it was workable with the pc so i tried it with the hr-24. with the hard drive installed in the dvr boot the pc after boot up turn on dvr, swap the sata cables from the dvr to the pc. go into disk management it will try to initialize the new disk and can't it will say it's write protected. you can now look at the dick and it will show the full 500 gb not the 100 and something gb as reported earlier. now open a command prompt type diskpart hit enter, then type sel disk (number assigned in disk management)hit enter, then type attrib disk clear readonly close your command prompt. go back to dick management and you will find your the hd initialized and shows 3 partitions you can't access delete the partitions format and your good to go

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. April 2013 @ 02:03

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > unlock directv hard drives for use in pc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork