User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 16:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > webcam with a "carl zeiss" lens, big difference?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Webcam with a "Carl Zeiss" lens, big difference?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Shain776
_
13. January 2014 @ 03:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi I'm looking for a webcam that's better then the one I have for filming off screen.

What I'm using it for is playing on my Nintendo 3DS...I want to get the image large screen. I'm using it to film the handheld game system's tiny screen and streaming the image on a PC screen. So I have a webcam taped to a small board which is attached to the bottom of the system and positioned in a way that it provides a live stream of the top screen...

Been using a Logitech C525:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1...

And am looking at this Logitech Pro C920 with a "Carl Zeiss Optics Lens"

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1...

With the first webcam I have the image came out Ok but it really picked up the grain on the screen and it's very garish and there is this buzzing static on it....the image quality is just bad for filming off screen. I could get a capture-card installed for $255 so....now I'm more open to splurging on a better webcam IF it might make a difference for less.

So does anyone know if the above webcam, with the Carl Zeiss lens would be enough of an improvement to make a difference for what I'm trying to do with it? Would it film sharper for things close up? Or by chance...If anyone has a webcam with a glass lens could they test filming their smart phone from about 4 inches to check how it looks?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Shain.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
13. January 2014 @ 21:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
your links don't work. were in ontario are you as i'm just south of barrie?
Shain776
_
14. January 2014 @ 01:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
your links don't work. were in ontario are you as i'm just south of barrie?
Here's the first less powerful one:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_...&item_id=051386

And the one I think I want:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_...&item_id=051472

Or other comparable Logitech with the glass lens.

I'm in Ottawa, sorry to say.
_
14. January 2014 @ 08:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i googled who Carl Zeiss is.

also seen Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 got good reviews & uses a carl zeiss glass lens.
Also Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF got decent reviews again with a carl zeiss glass lens.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. January 2014 @ 05:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Very brief look says the more expensive one captures in 1080p as opposed to 720p of the less expensive one, so the video quality will be better.

That said, I've no idea if what you're trying to achieve with it is possible with great quality, or if it is with either of those.

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > webcam with a "carl zeiss" lens, big difference?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork