User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > windows 7 desktop shuts off at boot.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows 7 desktop shuts off at boot.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
stilts07
_
2. June 2014 @ 18:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just downloaded and installed Wolfenstein enemy territory and it was downloading and updating the soft ware and my computer just shut off for no reason. I tried starting my computer multiple times and it is just as the boot screen then shuts off again for no reason. and again....and again...and again...............and guess what?......AGAIN! how do i get my computer to sto doing that and run normal.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
2. June 2014 @ 20:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go into the bios for 2 reasons, 1 to see if it happens there & 2 to look in hardware monitor to see what the cpu temperature is at.
stilts07
_
2. June 2014 @ 21:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
CPU Temperature is 154 F
Sys Temp 100 F
NB Temp is 123 F.

I had it shut off for a few hours and this is what i got after starting it back up.
Originally posted by ddp:
go into the bios for 2 reasons, 1 to see if it happens there & 2 to look in hardware monitor to see what the cpu temperature is at.
_
3. June 2014 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
theres your answer.thats smokin hot.check your fans to make sure they are spinning,but first check your cpu cooler.it sounds like the holdowns have let go and its not attached firmly to the cpu.this would be a good time to clean the cpu and heatsink and apply new thermo compound.whoa,just looked at the temps and saw they were in farenheit.while not smoking hot they could be problematical.post your system specs so we can see the temp limits.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. June 2014 @ 02:08

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. June 2014 @ 08:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the PC was off for a "few hours" it shouldn't be reading that hot from a cold boot.

Agree that it would be useful to know your system spec.

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > other pc hardware > windows 7 desktop shuts off at boot.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork