User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > gc laser tweak, 147 ohms stock
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GC Laser tweak, 147 ohms stock
  Jump to:

Posted Message
slackdast
Suspended permanently
_
24. February 2010 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been working on my gamecube, and haven't been able to read burn disks (using SD adaptor and action replay to run gcos 1.5).

So I decided to check the laser and it says it's 147 ohms.

Haven't had problems with GC disks, just haven't been able to run a burnt disk yet (ya, even Ritek 04 DVD-R's).

Thats lower then I've found any mention online. Think I should raise it?
_
25. February 2010 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, 147? For a stock drive that seems to be rather low. Raising the POT will not help with reading the disk because that only weakens the laser. To remedy disk reading problems, it is always advised to lower and not to raise it.
_
11. April 2010 @ 05:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a cube that wont even get above 100ohms had to adjust it to 38ohms to get it to read a backup disc

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. April 2010 @ 05:58

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > gc laser tweak, 147 ohms stock

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork