User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 07:07
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > running nes and snes emulators on un-modded gamecube
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Running NES and SNES emulators on un-modded Gamecube
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dtalont
_
23. August 2009 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been reading up on running emulators on the GC to play NES and SNES games. First off I want to mention that I have modded my case, so putting in a mod chip is out of the question. I have read that running emulators from a mini dvd-r is possible without a mod chip. I was wondering if there was a self-loading program that I can just place the NES (SNES) rom files on and place in the GC like a regular game. I found and downloaded a few .dol files (fceugx-gc and snesgx and snex9x-gx)and didn't know if one of these did what I was looking for. I also read where some people without mod chips or Action Replay or sd gecko have used a bootable disc to start it so the emulators could be ran. I am fairly new at this so if someone could help me with a sort of step by step process and possibly using the least amount of mini dvds as they are a little pricey. If you could give me some options of programs and/or bootable programs and also what's best to use mini dvd-r, +r, etc. If anyone can give me any insight on this subject it would be greatly appreciated, because playing NES, SNES, and Gamecube games all on one system is pretty cool!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > running nes and snes emulators on un-modded gamecube

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork