User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > best method for psx backups with my setup?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
best method for PSX backups with my setup?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
TheNZA2099
_
28. October 2013 @ 11:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
howdy all, here's what i have:

-old/phat PS2 model with flip top mod
-HDD loader (drive/network adapter/disc), none of which applies here i guess
-swap magic disc which has several other apps on it like cog loader, none of them work for me with PSX stuff
-AR MAX disc

i really don't want to do the swap/card trick or anything that'd damage my laser, and while i tested one backup out by just allowing the browser to find a legit game & swapping, again this isnt ideal at all. what's the easiest utility i can use to just stop a disc from spinning and not have to swap while its in motion? ive looked up stuff on game shark/etc but even some of them seem to use tools...thanks in advance for any help offered here.
Advertisement
_
__
Kannz
_
29. October 2013 @ 07:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just buy a modchip and have a professional chip it. the easiest option is to play them using an emulator. but the best option is to buy a ps1 and chip it. eurasia.nu sells them pretty cheap. ps1 or ps2 chips. they also have the diagrams for everything and a forum with lots of good info.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. October 2013 @ 07:26

TheNZA2099
_
29. October 2013 @ 09:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ah, i appreciate the reply but i don't know any good local modders offhand...

your PS1 idea is interesting because in the day, i had a unit with the port in the back, i'd use a spring loader of some kind & plug a gameshark or something into said port to do what i'm trying for here (just get the disc to stop spinning easily for a safe swap), i'd take that option again if i could find it but honestly I'm low on shelf space/ports on my upscaler at the moment, really wish i could make this PS2 work.

is there a good place online to find modded/chipped PS2's? not ideal, but if i can't find an easy solution here i guess i'd have to consider it.
Kannz
_
29. October 2013 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
theres also a interesting addon for the original ps1 to play games from the sd card. http://ps-io.com/ its not out yet but it looks like they're going to release it soon.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. October 2013 @ 21:35

Advertisement
_
__

_
Kannz
_
29. October 2013 @ 21:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you cant find someone close to mod then the best way would be to find someone to mod it and send it to them. try to find someone at http://psx-scene.com/ or xbox-scene.com forums to mod your ps2. just register and make a post somewhere that you want to buy one or have one modded and most of the time you can find someone cool who will do it for nothing but cost of parts and shipping.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > best method for psx backups with my setup?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork