User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > swap magic 3.8 cd not working
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Swap Magic 3.8 CD not working
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mirbramo
_
23. February 2013 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a ps2 slim, and the swap magic dvd works very well. but the cd version doesn't even load at all, and i need it to load cd backups. so does anyone know how to either fix the cd version, or possibly use the dvd (working) one to load cd backups? or possibly convert a cd based game to dvd to load with the dvd one? i just want a way to load my cd backups, any solutions are appreciated. thanks in advance!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

8 product reviews
_
24. February 2013 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are these CD backups you speak of PS2 games? If they are, there are guides for that:
eg. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/%5Btut...-esr-use-58489/

For PS1 games, you might be SOL.
megadunderhead
_
28. February 2013 @ 10:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mirbramo:
i have a ps2 slim, and the swap magic dvd works very well. but the cd version doesn't even load at all, and i need it to load cd backups. so does anyone know how to either fix the cd version, or possibly use the dvd (working) one to load cd backups? or possibly convert a cd based game to dvd to load with the dvd one? i just want a way to load my cd backups, any solutions are appreciated. thanks in advance!
If i remember right sony figured out how to block certain swap magic disks on certain models i know the dvd version has always worked but the cd version stopped about 3 years ago
mirbramo
_
28. February 2013 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xbkrypt0n:
Are these CD backups you speak of PS2 games? If they are, there are guides for that:
eg. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/%5Btut...-esr-use-58489/

For PS1 games, you might be SOL.
They are ps2 games. I actually already tries that guide and it didn't work. It says it's for use with esr... I don't know what that is. It also said I should patch it like I would normally do with esr. I have no idea what it's talking about. Could you please shed some light?
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

8 product reviews
_
28. February 2013 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mirbramo:
They are ps2 games. I actually already tries that guide and it didn't work. It says it's for use with esr... I don't know what that is. It also said I should patch it like I would normally do with esr. I have no idea what it's talking about. Could you please shed some light?
ESR is for FreeMcBoot (modding PS2 with just a memory card), if you're not using it, just ignore the ESR stuff.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > swap magic 3.8 cd not working

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork