User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 00:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > cogswap not booting up games properly
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cogswap not booting up games properly
  Jump to:

Posted Message
The2012Robot
_
10. June 2012 @ 04:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A friend of mine gave me his memory card with FMCB and Cogswap already installed, along with a bunch of burned games he confirmed to be working. I have a SCPH-70012 model PS2 slim. I covered the sensor you have to open up the PS2 to get to, and the other 2 from the outside. When I launch uLaunchELF, I browse to COGSWAP.ELF, located on the memory card (in the folder: BADATA-SYSTEM), and launch it, having already put in my original PS2 game before I turned the system on. I press 'X' when it says "PS2DVD", then I swap discs once it says "Use Cogswap". Once the burned disc is in, I press 'X' and then the screen turns black shortly after. And then it just pretends to load the disc forever.

It worked just fine on my friend's PS2 (a slim SCPH-70004). I've tried switching memory ports, loading Cogswap off of a USB drive, using different original disc and burned disc combinations, and I just can't get it to work. He said that Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones worked with most of his burned games, but I can't get it to work at all with a single one. The farthest I've gotten- using the original Chain of Memories to load up Destroy All Humans and Silent Hill 3- DAH loads the trademark screen and freezes, SH3 loads the logo in the bottom right corner and freezes.

This is driving me crazy and I can't seem to find a solution online, hence this post. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful to hear them. Thank you.
Kannz
_
1. July 2012 @ 17:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
since you have a usb drive you should download ESR and the ESR discpatcher copy all your games to your computer then use the esrdiscpatcher to patch them and then reburn them all to new discs. you wont need to swap anymore. just download and copy the esr elf to your apps or boot folder in the memorycard using ulaunch. also delete the cogswap elf off the memorycard for more space. oh and you get them here

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. July 2012 @ 17:28

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > cogswap not booting up games properly

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork