User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 22:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > esr difficulties
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ESR Difficulties
  Jump to:

Posted Message
steampunkvigilante
_
13. July 2012 @ 18:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have soft modded my PS2 fat SCPH-3000X via sending my genuine Sony memcard to someone on PSX-Scene.com, where it was modded. It works on my PS2.

I have a Jak X iso. On several compatibility lists, it is 100% compatible with ESR. I have burnt it using the software they suggest at the speed they suggest.

When I put the disc in and boot up FMCB and ESR, the options given are Launch CDVD, Launch APP, and Launch OSDSYS, with three buttons underneath saying Disable ESR after first IOP Reset, Use Synchronous Mode, and Spoof Media Type. The Status at the bottom of the screen says "UNKNOWN MEDIA IN DRIVE..." after a long period of "Detecting..."

I usually do not select anything but Launch CDVD, with gives me a black screen with the disc spinning, but nothing even after 30 minutes. Just a blank black screen.

I burnt my Jak X iso twice, both with ImgBurn, at 8x speed. I use memorex dvd+r.

I've also attempted to burn Ape Escape 2, also compatible with ESR, to the same media at 8x with Alcohol 120%. Same status result, same blank black screen.

What am I messing up?

EDIT: I've patched the ISOs.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. July 2012 @ 18:39

Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
13. July 2012 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
More than likely because you are using those crappy memorex dvd+r.Try some Verbatims AZO or maybe Sony DVD+r's

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Kannz
_
13. July 2012 @ 22:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did you use the esr patcher on the iso before burning?
steampunkvigilante
_
13. July 2012 @ 23:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kannz:
Did you use the esr patcher on the iso before burning?
I made extra sure to patch the isos before burning. I even unpatched them and repatched them.
Kannz
_
14. July 2012 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
maybe a few things. It could be your laser going out or maybe its dirty it could also be the low quality media like JST said. I suggest opening the ps2 (without ripping the reset/power switch ribbon) and use a cotton swab with 70-90% rubbing alcohol to clean the ps2's laser lens. heres a video on how to take apart and clean the ps2 if you need it.
steampunkvigilante
_
23. July 2012 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I went and bought Verbatim 16x DVD-R from my local bestbuy, and I burnt Ape Escape 2 on it, and my ESR still spends a lot of time detecting the disk so I went ahead and started without it detecting. Still a blank black screen. Could it be something wrong with the mem card? It doesn't run FMCB automatically, I have to hold R1 down when booting up to get into it if that's an issue.

Edit: I don't think it's a laser problem. I can run any other of the twenty games I bought officially perfectly fine.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. July 2012 @ 19:37

Advertisement
_
__

_
steampunkvigilante
_
27. July 2012 @ 17:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Update: I have fixed my FMCB issue, and my ESR now detects that I am using a PS2DVD when burnt at 16x on verbatim DVD-R media. However, upon selecting to run the media my screen flashes three seperate colors twice in a pattern, then goes black and the disc stops spinning. I'm now stuck.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > esr difficulties

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork