User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > running an english patched iso on a japanese ps2?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Running an english patched ISO on a Japanese PS2?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Lith
_
26. August 2013 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys,

I've been playing raw Japanese PS2 games on a Japanese console for a while now, and just found out there are English patches for a few of them. I gather to use them I'd make an ISO of the original game disc and burn that, but I don't know what happens after that. Would it be right back to where I was before I got a Japanese console, messing around with mod chips and/or Japanese swap magic or something? I haven't looked at any of that stuff in like ten years so I don't know what the current state of affairs is, and it's hard to tell on the internet what info is still the same since 2001...

Sorry to ask such a basic question, your help would be appreciated. Thanks!
megadunderhead
_
3. December 2013 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No problem.

If you are going to play backups and not play system link i would recommend a mod chip there are several that work excellent on the ps2 to play burned and commercial disks

just google search playstation 2 mod chip if you have a slim model there really easy to mod with another trick but this trick requires you never plan to use a 2 disk game ever again!!!

Which is not cool !!!!
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > running an english patched iso on a japanese ps2?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork