User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 23:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > swap magic 3.8 help; wont load disc
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Swap Magic 3.8 Help; wont load disc
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
28. April 2012 @ 08:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A while back I posted on here asking questions about what to do with a burned copy of Swap Magic 3.6, to be told that I would need a legitimate copy of the software due to the code thats imprinted on each PS2 disk.

Since then, Ive acquired a copy of Swap Magic 3.8 for use with my fat PS2, removed the cover of the disk drive, and fashioned a makeshift slide tool (which works fine). I downloaded an ISO from emuparadise, to test whether or not the software worked. The ISO in question is Kingdom Hearts, which is a DVD format game. I burned just the ISO file onto a blank DVD+R. I went to load the Swap Magic 3.8 DVD disk, which loaded fine. I came to the menu screen (Normal, Special, etc) and at that point used the slide tool to unlock the disk tray and bring it forward. I then replaced Swap Magic 3.8 DVD with the DVD+R that the Kingdom Hearts ISO had been burned onto.(Using ImgBurn) The ISO is USA format, by the way, as is the Swap Magic version Im using. But onward; I closed the tray and locked it, then selected "Normal" and when it asked for the display format, selected "NTSC". The screen went black for a moment, and then up came the PS2 Browser screen, displaying the 2 memory cards I had inserted, and the DVD+R being listed as "PLAYSTATION 2 DISC". Obviously I selected the disk.

Then I could hear the disk turning in the PS2, and the screen went black again for a good 10 seconds, but then just came immediately back to the Browser screen. Ive tried and retried this with both "Normal" and "Special" options under each display setting, just to be sure, and Im stumped.
Could I have gotten a bad ISO? Is there something else that needs to be burned onto the disc? Any help would be appreciated.

Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it.
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. April 2012 @ 11:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Some older PS2 FAT don't like DVD+R discs and you need to change the Booktype for DVD+R

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive..._r_w__media.cfm

That or you may need to clean your laser.

Or you can buy DVD-r discs and try those.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > swap magic 3.8 help; wont load disc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork