Forums
Forums
games server
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bienaime
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. September 2013 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there a way I can set a server so my daughters and her cousin play games as if they were on the internet
Tnx for all info
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. September 2013 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not for the PS2 as it requires the sony server,you can however with the xbox the first one,however it requires the boxes be in the same house for system link & only games that support system link,the only other way to actually game online bypassing xboxlive is with modded consoles & use xlink kai for xbox or link on the 360 both the servers are free,tho i suspect full of glitching cheaters as the proprietary servers always were

bienaime
_
13. September 2013 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tnx for the quick reply, but that's not what I need. I need them the games w/o purchasing or making multiplt copies donloading them on a server so they can play. Where they are, they don't have internet all the time. I would like to create a network for them to play the games.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
13. September 2013 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Never going to happen unless you are able to code game/s from scratch not to mention a recode of the server software of the game itself,why you ask because online games which you would require automatically connect to a sony server as the games themselves hold the internet address & dns info

bienaime
_
13. September 2013 @ 18:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tnx I see

Serge
_
13. September 2013 @ 18:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can softmod the systems and run copies of the games off hard drives. I do this with my games. It requires some work though and a softmodable ps2 (the latest ones cant be softmoded).

Softmoding a Fat PS2
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/index.php

Fat PS2's have two options for playing games off a hard drive
(1) using the official network adapter you can hook any hard drive that fits to it and run Open PS2 Loader and install games to the Hard drive. This will give you fast load times and 0 read errors.
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f150/open-p...t-v0-9-a-62141/

(2) USB hard drives can also be used but some games have issues playing back ( load times might be a little slow, or wont load at all)

Softmoding a slim PS2
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/index.php

Slim PS2 have only one option and that is to use USB Loading since they dont have a Hard Drive connector. some games may have issues playing back ( load times might be a little slow, or wont load at all.

If the games support system link you can hook the consoles together using a network cable

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
14. September 2013 @ 14:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Member wants to do it over the internet not a LAN

nickeyboy
_
24. December 2013 @ 01:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bienaime:
tnx I see

Serge
Hey maybe you can try to make a data backup from one server to another? Since Sony games use a different server so maybe you can make a backup of it first (of your own game information) then put the backups on the server that is able to host games for you?
By a good server backup model it will help you to achieve this goal.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. December 2013 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's a nice try however it still won't work,the problem is the ps2's would require connection to that server & the game they want to play is hard coded with the sony server address,so how would a game that has the ip address of sony be able to connect to a server that has a different ip

the only way if it were possible would be to setup a secure vpn & have the ps2's connect thru the computers at either end the idea being the ps2's may see each other & would be able to play a co-op game,it's a long shot but may be worth a try

http://www.comodo.com/home/email-security/vpn-access.php

ps355528
_
29. December 2013 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not forgetting the actual server side stuff.. gamers lounge.. login area.. gamertag stuff.. all the shizzle.. which any game except a system link game would 100% look for.. vpn works the same as over lan tho.. so as long as you know the ip (outside) of the other consloe there should be no problem there.. or was the op trying to actually load the games into the console from a network server too?.. sheesh my memory is getting bad.. i'll remember in about an hour..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. December 2013 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
certainly be an interesting project to attempt connection over vpn tho i'm not sure it'd be worth the headache

sounded like load into server

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > games server

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork